Back to Newsletter
The athletics’ program at OLLU is young, but its success mirrors that of the seasoned programs from universities across San Antonio, and even the state of Texas. Currently boasting 12 competitive teams, Saints athletics’ has a host of accomplishments that provide a new source of pride for the OLLU Community.
Season successes include:
• Women’s Soccer (4th year) – finished the 2011-2012 season as Conference Semifinalists, and head coach Shane Hurley was named Co-Coach of the Year.
• Volleyball (5th year) – finished the 2011-2012 season as the Conference Quarterfinalists.
• Cross-Country (3rd year) – finished the 2011-2012 with two runners named as NAIA Tournament Qualifiers.
• Women’s Basketball (3rd year) – finished the 2011-2012 season as NAIA Tournament Champions, and as a NAIA D Women’s Basketball National Tournament Qualifier
• Men’s Basketball (3rd year) – finished the 2011-2012 season as the RRAC Regular Season Champions, the RRAC Championship Tournament Runner-Up, and made it to the NAIA Division I National Tournament Sweet 16. Head coach Russell Vanlandingham was named Conference Coach of the Year.
• Men’s Golf (4th year) – finished the 2011 season as the National Championship Tournament Finalist, and Conference Tournament Finalist. Head coach Eric Moore was named Coach of the Year. The team is currently rated No. 13
• Women’s Tennis (4th year) – finished the 2011 season as a Regional Tournament Participant
• Softball (3rd year) – finished the 2011 season as Conference Semifinalist
*Note: Golf, Tennis and Softball’s accomplishments include last season since their season does not conclude until later this month.