Honors Program accepting applications for spring 2014
The OLLU Honors Program is accepting applications for the spring 2014 semester. Current OLLU or transfer freshmen and sophomores with 30-40 hours or less may apply. Application materials are due by Dec. 17. Acceptance decisions will not be made until final grades have been posted for fall 2013.
Requirements for current OLLU or transfer students are:
• Minimum of 3.25 GPA after completion of one semester at OLLU or equivalent
• Two letters of recommendation from OLLU faculty members
• Completion of application and essay (requirements stated on application)
• Interview with OLLU Honors Program Director (in-person or by phone)
Benefits of the Honors Program include:
• Greater access to OLLU Honors Program faculty and OLLU administrators
• Opportunity for interaction with OLLU Honors Program faculty outside of the classroom
• Smaller classes within the OLLU Honors Program curriculum
• Paid participation in periodic OLLU Honors Program trips to area special exhibits, concerts, theatrical productions and symposiums
• Opportunities for various extracurricular educational, service and intellectual opportunities within Texas and around the nation
• Opportunity to develop leadership skills in selected disciplines, as well as developing community and civic relationships
• $1,000 scholarship per academic year
• Special recognition at graduation, including and Honors program ribbon and custom medallion, recognition in the commencement bulletin, a statement on the student’s official OLLU transcript, and a seal on the student’s degree
• Special letter of recommendation to graduate and professional schools or prospective employers for Honors graduates
The Honors Program application is available online.
For more information, contact Leda Barnett, PhD, director of the Honors Program, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 210-434-6711, ext. 2693.